This a quick guide on how to turn on Forms Authentication for K2 smartforms site. I have only tested this setup on K2 smartforms 4.6.9 and above, so I cannot guarantee it will work for K2 smartforms 1.0.7.
1. Getting to the Claims setup forms
This is how to find the Claims setup forms in the K2 Designer site.
- Go to K2 Designer website.
- On the lower left of the screen, click on the Show: (All) link.
- Check and enable the System Objects option. With this option turned on, the system artefacts will appear in the All Items child nodes above.
- In the Category Browser, navigate to the security forms – All Items > System > Management > Security > Forms.
2. Turn on Forms Authentication for K2 smartforms
a. Enable “Use For Login” option on “K2 Forms STS”
- Select Manager Issuers form and click on Run.
- Edit the K2 Forms STS item.
- Check and enable the Use For Login option and click on OK.
b. Enable Forms Authentication on K2 smartforms site
- Select Manage Site Realms form and click on Run.
- Edit the Runtime site item.
- Check and enable the K2 Forms STS option and click OK.
3. Test the set up
Now, we have completed the setup. Let’s test it!
- Just to ensure everything took effect, restart the K2 blackpearl Server service and restart IIS.
- Start your browser and navigate to any Form on the Runtime site. (e.g. http://<url>/Runtime/Runtime/Form/Manage+Issuers/). You should see the login selection screen.
You would have noticed that there are 2 login method listed. If you look back at section 2(b)3 above, we selected both K2 Forms STS and K2 Windows STS and thus the selections available. If you only want the K2 Forms STS login, just go back on uncheck K2 Windows STS option.
- Select K2 Forms STS option and you will be brought to the forms login form.
- Fill in your AD login name, password and click on Sign In and you will be logged into K2 smartforms Runtime site and we are done!!
This concludes the setup to turn on Forms Authentication for K2 smartforms. If you have configured other Claims Issuers, you can turn on the login using the same steps in this post.
Latest posts by Ji Kai (see all)
- Multiple records inserted with RuntimeListViewRowCount option - 30 May 2017
- Friendly Error Message on K2 smartforms - 04 May 2017
- Add company logo and change K2 login form descriptions - 02 Aug 2016